Folic Acid Main Page
Folic Acid: Table of Contents
About The Publisher
What we call "folic acid" is really a family of biochemicals which science is still discovering.
The absence of this vitamin will kill you. Too much might very well kill you. This is the one vitamin
you should know about. The folates are largely unknown to the public. Folic Acid is the crudest and
most primitive synthetic form.
Folates are essential for:
- Normal cell growth and replication.
- The development of the central nervous system
- Normal DNA synthesis and repair
- Formation of the building blocks of RNA, needed for protein synthesis in all cells
- Amino acid metabolism
- Folate is of particular interest for the study of aging,cancer, and other pathologic
- folate status may affect the immune system
- Most likely causes chromosome breakage and diminishes DNA stability
- Has been associated with hearing loss in both children and elderly
- In high-functioning older adults, appears to be a risk factor for cognitive decline
- In older persons with elevated plasma homocysteine levels, increases risk of decline in
- Is strongly suspected as one cause of greying of hair
- Causes an abnormal rise in homocysteine
The Name Game
Some Diseases and
Conditions Known or Strongly Suspected To Be Associated
With Folate Deficiency:
- Birth defects - most notably neural tube defects (NTD)
- Cancer - Colon, Rectal, Lung, Esophageal, Prostate, Ovarian, Intestinal, Cervical,
- Heart Disease (associated with folate deficiency, high homocysteine, or both) --
coronary heart disease, ischemic heart disease
- Circulatory Diseases (associated with folate deficiency, high homocysteine, or both) --
stroke, vascular diseases (peripheral (PVD), cerebral (CVD), atherosclerotic),
small vessel disease (SVD)
- Psychological conditions -- depression, dementia, Alzheimers, schizophrenia
- Skin Conditions -- psoriasis, gingivitis, vitiligo
- Brain atrophy
You can also buy these books at Amazon, at Alibris, at Barnes and Noble,
and virtually all other web bookstores, so we offer you some good reasons to buy from us.
Why buy from this website?
1. Buying from this website ensures that you get the most up-to-date
Three good reasons to buy from this website:
The Bidet is intentionally produced as a spiral bound book, which allows it
to be constantly updated it as new material comes in. The Folic Acid book is still evolving,
and you receive the most current version. The Vegetable Growers Guide poster is unique and
only available on this website and from Bountiful Gardens.
2. Shipping is faster. While you may have to wait days for your copy to be shipped
from the others, we typically ship within 24 hours.
3. Shipping anywhere in the U.S. is only $1.00 for The Bidet or Folic Acid and $3.00 for
The Vegetable Gardener's Guide for First Class service. No other merchant can match this!
The Safest Ordering on the Web
We accept all forms of payment, but feature PayPal - a secure ordering site.
When ordering products from this website you can pay through PayPal Verified,
which has verified this website. PayPal is owned and operated by EBay, and is the preferred
transaction medium for most of the web. This allows you to order with confidence through the
largest and most secure business site on the web.
PayPal accepts your payment at no cost to you and forwards it to us
without telling us your credit card information. Your credit and financial information is
completely secure. You can use PayPal\rquote s secure services to order from us anytime for free
- it costs you nothing to order! We reimburse PayPal for any charges.
Bill and Betsy Bruneau
18001 Shafer Ranch Road, Willits, CA 95490-9626 USA
Copyright 2008, William Bruneau
Folic acid folate homocysteine folinic acid NTD
neural tube defects cancer heart disease